Tuesday 26 January 2016

Evaluation- Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at the filming process of my preliminary task, I was rushed for time and only had limited shots. I learnt from this that I should take a variety of different shots and preferably take more shots than I need. When I moved on to filming my Thriller, I had this in mind and took more shots than i needed and filmed on multiple days, so that we had more content and therfore more choice when editing the film. 

I was also more aware of the natural lighting that we used when filming. This is because when we filmed the preliminary we didnt consider how well lit the shots were, however when we moved onto the editing stage we realised that one of the main scenes was poorly lit and lessend the quality of the film. Here is a screenshot of the scene I am reffering to:


However when I begun filming my Thriller i was more aware of the consequences of poorly lit shots, so i ensured that all shots we took were well lit and didn't lessen the quality. We re-filmed one shot a few times because to begin with it was too dark and you couldnt see the actor's facial features. Here is a screenshot of the scene once we had turned specific lights on:


Planning 

The preliminary task and all of the planning involved with it, helped me to understand that to create a high quality film you have to plan as much as possible. Because of this we ensured that we had our storyboard done before we started filming and we looked around the area that we were going to be filming in to ensure that we were using the best possible location (Location Recce shots). I also created a questionnaire and emailed it to all students in sixth form in the hope that they would complete it. I managed to get 46 resposes to my survey, which allows me to get a general feel of what my audience would like to see. However because i sent it mainly to sixth form students I do understand that my results may not be that varied because they are all around the same age. Having said we did bare in mind that we were creating the thriller for  ateenage audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment