Wednesday 20 January 2016

After effects and creating Titles

I decided to create my Titles on after effects, because someone had recommended it to me. I had to learn how to use it first though, because I had never used the program before. I used the font 'Copperplate Gothic Bold' for my production company names- 'Marvellous Movies' and 'A.M Pictures', however I put 'A.M Pictures' in a bold font as it separated the two companies and added some depth to the logo. I chose to keep the 'Marvellous Movies' in a plain non-bold font, because I wanted to keep it simplistic and it looked more professional without it being bold.

I decided that I wanted to keep a red theme throughout my titles, but a deeper red rather than a bright coloured red. I chose the colour 'red' because it is associated with danger and often represents intense emotions. These connotations seemed to fit in well with the overall feel of our Thriller, we wanted to create a sense of danger and uncertainty and I felt that the colour red helped to create that feel. When I created the 'A.M Pictures' logo, I knew that I wanted the two words to be different colours because against a black background it would stand out and look professional. I chose to put the 'A.M' in white and the 'Pictures' in a deep red colour. The two colours complimented each other and made the logo look of a high quality/standard. When it came to choosing the colours for 'Marvellous Movies' I chose to go with Blue and Red, because both of these colours complement each other and together with the font it helped make the logo look professional. As I previously mentioned I wanted to keep a red theme and that it why I chose red for the second half of the logo.

Once I had finished these two Titles, I decided to create the rest of the titles on Adobe Premier Pro where I was editing our video. I made this decision based on the fact that After effects was too time consuming and I was more comfortable with the Premier Pro software.

Below is the video of the two titles I made on After Effects:

No comments:

Post a Comment