Wednesday 20 January 2016

Editing 20/01/2016


•Put the music at the same time as the Audio
In today's editing session I managed to get quite a lot done. Earlier in the lesson Abi and I recorded the voice audio, so in lesson imported it into Adobe Premiere pro and moved it around and eventually  timed it with the scene of George's character and Amy's character on the field. I then found a clip of the door creaking and swinging in the wind that we had filmed when we shot the scenes of the male character in the workshop, the sound was very clear and sounded slightly creepy. I decided to add it in at the end of the film, because it would create a sense of mystery and encourage the audience to think for themselves about what will happen.

Originally when I imported the audio of the news report I got rid of the music and just had the audio by itself, but then when I listened to it back it didn't flow and sounded bad. So I re-imported the music (drummer boy hip low beat) and had it playing at the same time as the audio. This improved the overall quality of the clip and scene.

I then started to cut up the scene where the male character is walking into his workshop and add the shots of his sitting on the bench nervously looking and multiple different girls sat next to him. I put the bench shots in black and white because it clearly separated the scenes and because black contrasts against white, it represents the contrast and difference between George's character and the female characters. The black and white filter also helps to create a strange and uneasy atmosphere, because they are dull colours.

I also imported the clips of the hair layed out on the table spelling out 'CUTS', I cut up this one clip as it was just a pan from the first letter to the last. I cut it in between each letter once the camera had shown it and inserted it throughout the shots of the male character getting the hair out of his bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment